Saturday, April 28, 2012

Moving on to high school...continued:)


 I just wanted to add onto this week’s discussion because I think that it is a very important subject that I had a lot to say about ad I didn’t want to take up a ton of space on the discussion board, so here it is!

I have heard a lot of people saying how they are just so ready to go onto high school. I have heard this for about the last three years and I really haven’t felt the same way until recently.  I must admit, seventh and eighth grade were not the best.  I have really enjoyed this year a lot better though! It almost makes me not want to leave the school because I am just now starting to meet new people from our school. To get put into a brand new school sounds frightening! The high schools are so big and filled with so many people that I don’t know! Luckily for me, my older brother will still be in high school so I will know a few people.  Ninth grade is the very top of junior high and I think it will be hard to go right to the bottom again! I guess you could say that high school in general is the top though. I am just hoping it won’t be a repeat of seventh grade.  Even though we will be at the bottom, someone once told me that “the bottom of the top is better than the top of the bottom.”

                Regardless of all of my fears of high school, I really am excited to go. Like I said earlier, I didn’t think I was ready to move on but recently I have decided that I am sooooooooo ready to get into high school. I am excited to meet new people, try new things, and have a big variety of classes to choose from.  I am going to try and be more outgoing and more involved in the school next year. Hopefully being on the cheer squad will help with that! I think by doing that it will make my whole entire high school experience better. I don’t think that the fact that we are really “moving on” has set in yet. It will probably hit me closer to the end of the year when I realize that I am really almost done with junior high. The last day of school will be the hardest I think, because not everyone is even going to the same high school :( I think that that is one of the worst parts. I am really excited to me “movie on” to high school though!

                A funny thing happened this morning in fact that made me really decide that I was excited for high school. This morning, at 5:00 am I was woken up by two of the senior cheer leader at Layton high by being yanked out of my bed and put into a car. At first I was way confused but then they told me that we were going to wake up other girls that made the squad and then go get breakfast. I thought it sounded way fun except for the part was I was in my pajamas with a high pony and no make-up. The idea of being seen like this at all was scary but then I saw all the other girls and we all were in the same boat so I wasn’t too embarrassed. The cheer leaders told us to be happy we were going to breakfast because in previous years they would wake the girls up and then make them go to school! For the rest of the day at school they were in their pajamas, right out of bed. I would be so embarrassed! In the end, I had a way fun time and was just happy they didn’t make us go to school after. This was one of the things that made me so excited to get out of junior high and into high school because all the people I was with were so fun to be around. I hope that is how high school will be, just one big party:)

No comments:

Post a Comment