Sunday, September 25, 2011

Words to Live By

                For my theatre class I have to memorize some poems. It took me kind of a long time to find poems that were the right size. While I was trying to find some poems and I came across one that I really liked. It was called,” Words to Live By” by Rebecca Barlow Jordan.  It went like this:
It's not how much you accomplish in life
that really counts,
but how much you give to others.
It's not how high you build your dreams
that makes a difference,
but how high your faith can climb.
It's not how many goals you reach,
but how many lives you touch.
It's not who you know that matters,
but who you are inside.
Believe in the impossible,
hold tight to the incredible,
and live each day to its fullest potential.
You can make a difference
in your world.

I really like this poem because it is truly “Words to Live By”. The Poem takes about how it doesn’t matter how perfect you are, as long as you are trying to make a difference.  It says Believe in the impossible.” I really like this part in the poem because I really think this part of it is true. If you don’t want to do something because you think it is impossible, then you will never know for sure. There are so many things in life we may miss out on if we just classify things as impossible.
                Another part that really stood out to me in the poem was the part where it said “It’s not who you know that matters, but who you are inside”. I really liked this part because it is saying how it doesn’t matter what kind of person you are on the outside, as long as you know who you are on the inside. It is really important to remember that just because we are one way on the outside that we are like that on the inside. It is the same when we look at others. We should not judge them by their outside appearance, but instead learn to know them for who they are inside. This poem was very inspiring and that is why I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment