Sunday, September 25, 2011

Laughing Does More Than Just Make You Happy!

                I was looking through an article the other day and came across a story that really interested me. It did not interest me because I was looking to learn about it, but simply because it was something I did every day. It said that when you laugh, it makes your body feel happier, and makes you feel better. When I heard this I was very excited because I laugh all the time.
                From what I read I learned that when you laugh, it makes endorphins in your body just like exercising does. The endorphins release stress and help you feel better about problems in your life. I heard a quote that fit right along with this subject, it said, “You don't have to get on a treadmill to relieve stress. There's a lot of research showing that laughter has an impact on illness. It releases endorphins and relieves pain.” This quote was said by Janice Hein.  This quote also supports the other thing which I read in the article, which was that it relives pain.
                Have you ever been in pain and then you started to laugh and feel better? Well if you have than you have experienced these endorphins and know that it really does relieve pain.  It is a proven fact that if you laugh while you are in pain, then your pain will feel a little better. When they tested this theory on patients, they found that all of the patients felt relief from their pain by at least 10%! This may not seem like a lot but when you are experiencing the pain, it feels like more. I really liked this article because we all laugh every day and to know that if makes us feel better makes me want to laugh even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment