Monday, March 5, 2012

High School!

 I started this post as a falcon forum post but I decided I had a lot to say about it so wanted to make it into a whole blog post! I didn’t want to put this on the discussion board because I was afraid It would take up too much room!



I have been just talking with my friends and we all decided that we were done with Jr. High. Lots of them said that they were done with Jr. High before 9th grade even started! For me, by the end of 8th grade, I wasn’t ready for high school. I am glad I got another year before I was forced to go to another bigger school. Since we are almost done with ninth grade, I am staring to feel the readiness. Even though the high school seams kind of big and scary, I am really looking forward to go into high school. Lately in my school work I have just really noticed that I am ready to go to Layton high. My brother goes there and every single night of school this year I have had more homework than he does. I think that juniors in high school should have more homework than me! I am only in ninth grade! This is one of the things I am excited about for high school, having less work to do, which I heard is the case if you go to Layton high! I do think that coming here to Fairfield has prepared me well for high school.

 I am extremely sad that some of my friends are going to Davis. I will probably ball my eyes out on the last day of school. There are pros and cons to going to high school and losing friends will be the hardest one to overcome I think.

 I have been trying to convince some of my friends to switch to Layton and they are trying to convince me to go to Davis and it is really quite sad that I am going to have to leave some of my very best friends that I have had sense preschool! When I talk to my other friends from different schools they don’t seem to understand because there school does not split up. They should make the boundaries for the high school around the different schools so that people don’t lose friends when they go into high school. Variances sometimes make it possible to switch but most of the time the parents just really want the students to go to one specific school for various reasons. High school is already scary as it is and now they are making us go into it without some of our very best friends. What is this?! Every time I talk about this I kind of get worked up and mad so sorry! I just don’t understand why schools have to split up and go to different high schools. It is always good to look at the positive side of this though. At first I was really mad and could not think of any positive things but I have realized as time has gone by that this could end up turning out to be a learning experience.

 It is really important to have the skill of making new friends which sometimes I have a hard time with because being around new people sometimes makes me shy. This is something that I want to work on and I really think it is a valuable skill for everyone to have and work on. In my opinion, it is important to be outgoing and to know a lot of people. In a world this big you want to be noticed or else sometimes you just get left behind. Being outgoing will help you get to know people you would have never known and even get your name out there for new opportunities!

                High school I think will be scary to go into but if we going there with a positive attitude I think that it will become one of the most life changes experiences ever. It gives you a good fresh start to make new friends and become of better you! I am nervous for high school but really excited and ready too!

No comments:

Post a Comment