Saturday, January 28, 2012

Turn it Off

I walked down into my basement this morning and saw my brothers sitting and playing Call of Duty. I then asked how long they had been playing and the said, “I don’t know, let’s just say I didn’t really sleep last night”. I see this lot with many ages of people. Some people it is the addiction to the T.V. Others it is to a video game on the x-box or a handheld device. Whatever it is I have learned that it is not healthy and we should try to stop these nasty habits if we have any of our own.
                I will admit that I even have some of these nasty habits. Sometimes I get so caught up in a T.V. show that I neglect what really needs to be done. Whether it’s So You Think You can Dance, American Idol, or Lost, we need to learn how to say no, or just pace ourselves with how much we watch. I am not saying that T.V. is bad, because there are a lot of positive things about it too! It shows all of the important news events going on, and after a long hard day of work it is nice to be able to cool down with some T.V., but too much could end up hurting you later in life.   
                T.V. sometimes affects people lives in that they can affect grades, if you neglect homework to watch it, household duties, and other important things. Just monitoring how much T.V. you watch can be a really good idea if you have a problem with too much. But video games are another story.
                Video games are insanely addictive. In a way, they are kind of like a drug. The more you do it, the more you are addicted to it. Sometimes when my brother is on Call of Duty, it shows how many players around the world were playing. The whole entire globe almost lit up. When I saw it I was surprised, but then I started to realize just how much people really do play. My brothers don’t usually have a problem with too much but I know many people do. For some people, Call of Duty and other video games are all they do. This can eventually start affecting your life.
                Some people can hold good grade point averages until video games start coming into their lives. This just shows how addicting video games can really be. I am not going to lie; I think that video games like the Wii and Kinect can be super fun and just a great time to play, but too much of any good thing can end up being bad.
                I think that having schools do the turn of T.V. week and video games is a great idea! It gets kids to be more active which really does help kids in every aspect. I know that when I am up and doing other things I always feel better about things! So turn off the T.V. and video games and do something new!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment