Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Pet Peeve

Some of the things that bug me the most happen here at our school. Not in the halls or during lunch but when you are sitting in your own seat. The chairs with the seats that are hooked to the desk and have the basket underneath are the worst! There are so many ways that people can bug you with these types of chairs. The first way is when they set their feet on the basket underneath you and then start bouncing their leg up and down. The second way is as they are bouncing their foot they start to beat there pencil on their desk to make a rhythm. The third thing is when you try to answer a question and they are still bouncing their foot on your desk and then you voice sounds weird from all the vibrations.
            When I sit down in class I always am worried about who sits behind me because if the wrong person does then you bounce the whole class period. What I mean by bounce is that they put their foot underneath your desk on the basket and then start to bounce their foot up and down. When they first start doing this you usually just turn around and look at them, then they usually get the message. It usually starts up again and I get really bugged. Sometimes they start making a rhythm with their pencil while they keep bouncing your desk.
            Some people think that if they can make this cool sounding rhythm with their pencil that it makes them cool or something. It actually is cool at first but then it gets really annoying, and on top of that, they are still bouncing your desk! It is really hard to concentrate and participate in the class discussion.
            When you are having a class discussion it is easy to drift away and kind of start daydreaming sometimes, and when someone is bouncing your desk and drumming their pencil it makes it even harder! When I try to answer a question it sometimes comes out funny and all messed up because I am getting bounced around. I really don’t like those types of seats.
            It is sometimes hard to stay focused in class and when someone is distracting you then it is even more difficult.  I don’t know if these things bug you the same way but I know they sure bug me.  So next time you are sitting behind someone try to be nice and keep your foot and your pencil still!
            During my ninth grade year I think this has happened more than ever! You would think that by the last year in Jr. High they would get the message that I am trying to send. The best way to avoid this problem is to sit in the very back where no one is behind you. This usually solves the problem pretty well. Whenever I don’t sit in the back I experience my worst pet peeve that happens at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment