Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween

Halloween is a fun but extremely scary month. I love Halloween but hate being scared. Can you say that your biggest fear is being scared? That shows how much of a scaredy cat I am, and I am not going to try to make myself sound tough because I know that I am not even remotely close to brave at all. Even things that don’t scare most people still scare me. 
                Over the weekend we went to a farm called Hee Haw farms. It was really fun and they had lots of activities to choose from. One of the things they had there for the little kids was a little inflatable haunted house. Its height was about four feet tall and it was not very long at all.  “It’s time to go in!” I said, even though it still looked scary. When I got in it, it was so cheesy it was hard to be scared. I wasn’t scared at all and there was no one in it to scare me. Until I got a little behind the people I was with and one of them hid up ahead and waited for me to come. When I got to the turning point where I ducked because the inflatable was lowering, all of the Hales jumped out at me! I screamed and was so scared for the rest of the time. After they scared me, I really just wanted to go back to the Hales’ house, but they didn’t want to. I was mad at Travis Hales because it was Travis’s idea to scare me.
                 Your opinion on Halloween may be different than mine.  Yours may be that you love it and aren’t scared on bit from it. I wish that all of the districts’ people would let us celebrate Halloween more by letting us dress up. I have decided that schools don’t do very much for all of the different holidays and I wish that they did. The fun things about holidays are the preparation and festivity of the holidays. I am just happy that we get Halloween off from school.
                Halloween is a time for people to dress up and go around pranking and scaring people. Many people think that when they hit there teen years that they are too old for trick-or-treating. The definition of too old for trick-or-treating is just like saying I hate getting free candy and dressing up as anything I want.  To me that just says crazy. Halloween is very different from other Holidays because other holidays are all celebrating something good that has happened, and then there is Halloween which is just a holiday for candy and scaring.
                Many cultures do Halloween different than us. In Spanish class this year we learned about the day of the dead, which is Spanish Halloween. It is a day to mourn over all of their dead loved ones. They visits grave sites and bring flowers and gifts. They also make many crafts like paper flowers, glass paintings and sculptures. Halloween is a very fun Holiday that can be spent in many different ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment