Sunday, May 27, 2012

Thanks!




Mr.  Thompson,







      I would like to direct my very last blog post towards you. You are the best teacher I have ever had! I am not just saying that. I have honestly learned more this year in English than ever before. I am happy I was able to take this Honors English class because it pushed me to do things I would not normally do on my own, like reading all those assigned books. I actually liked most of those books pretty well, except for that one…







       I didn’t think I would like any of the books we read this year, but I ended up really liking them all! Some of them were hard, like A Tale of Two Cities, but I felt like I grew while reading them. I learned that if I really try, I can read difficult books. The only book that was truly the hardest was The Chosen. Don’t worry!  I read the whole thing, but at parts I questioned if I could go any further! I usually like most books I read, but for some reason that one just got me! In the end, I was happy I read the whole thing because it taught me a lot about the Jewish culture and religion. It was really cool to learn more about all of that.







      I have probably written more this year than in any other school year. I have noticed that I don’t hate writing as much as I thought I did! I actually kind of enjoy it :) I think my writing has improved this year too. My mother often looks over some of my essays and writings to see if she can correct anything for me. A lot of the time I am there with her so as she revises it, I am able to learn from my mistakes. At the beginning of the year, it would take us a REALLY long time to get through each piece of writing because I had so many errors. Now that it is closer to the end of the year, it doesn’t take as long and sometimes there is almost nothing she has to fix! This is how I know that your class has helped me improve.







      I hope that as I go onto high school,  I will find more English teachers like you! I am so grateful that I had you as a teacher this year. I have decided that your class is one of my favorites. You are always so relaxed and you really seem to understand junior high students. I always get a good laugh when I go to your class, so I will come back to visit you often.  Look out!  Tell your son, James, congrats for the nomination for First Falcon! I don’t really know him that well, but he seems like a great kid! Just wanted to say thanks for a great year Thompson!



          



              Goodbye blog!  I may never see you again :( Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment