Sunday, February 12, 2012

Poem Contest. Seasons

This is the poem I wrote for the literary contest. It’s not the greatest thing I have ever done but it has taught me to stop procrastinating! When I read the requirements for this contest I thought it said AT LEAST 40 lines. I wrote this whole poem that was really good and like 60 lines and it was a complete thought and I was super excited to turn it in, and then I read the intrusions one more time and I about had a heart attack! There was no way for me to shorten it down with it still making sense so that is how this whole new poem called “Seasons” came about. This made me realize more than just not to procrastinate. I realized that you must read ALL the instructions before you ever start a project of any kind. This was a good learning experience for me so I hope I never to it again! Besides, there is nothing wrong with a good old rhyming poem about things in nature :)
Seasons

Spring is the beginning,
The beginning of a new year.
You can start over
Without any fear.
Animals are born,
Grass turning to green,
Flowers blooming in the sun,
Oh, what a wonderful seen.
The sun stays up late,
And the heat is coming near,
The sweet smell in the air,
Lets us know that summer is here.
The season is so great,
Because summer makes you free,
From school, from work
And responsibility.
The Bar-B-Q starts,
The first thing on is the meat,
It smells so delicious,
It smells so sweet.
Fall is also a start,
A sad one at best.
The starting of school,
Lets me get no rest.
The leaves all change,
To brilliant colors of red.
They all fall to the ground,
‘till the last leaf is shed.
The taste of harvest
Lingers all around.
All are excited,
For a plump turkey to be found.
Winter brings snow,
Along with the cold.
To go outside,
One must be bold.
As winter ends,
We know spring is near.
So we can start this poem over,
Right now, right here.


No comments:

Post a Comment